Have we lost respect for those who disagree with us? At a time when public debate has become so ill-tempered, a battle of ideas might have become an exchange of insults. Sam and Rob wonder if the art of persuasion is lost and teach you related vocabulary.
This week’s question
Which spiritual leader is famous for saying “Disagreement is something normal”? Is it… ?
a) Pope Francis
b) The Dalai Lama
c) Ravi Shankar
Listen to the programme to find out the answer.
focussing too much on the small details or formal rules
a way of organising people according to their importance
a dislike or lack of respect for someone or something
a point of view
someone’s perspective on something
staying the same and not developing
[Cover: Getty Images]
To download the audio and a transcript, go to our website:
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Tình Xưa Nghĩa Cũ, Tình Đơn Côi – 1977 Nhạc Hoa Lời Việt Xưa 7X 8X 9X Buồn Thấu Tim Cấm Nghe Về Đêm
- [ Truyện Tranh Đam ] Silent Colour – Sắc Thái Trầm Lặng – Chap 5
- (HOT) ẢNH HẬU CỦA CHÀNG TỔNG (Chương 25 đến 29) – MC Đàm Hiền | Ngôn tình siêu sao, sủng
- Phóng sự: Bác Hồ với thiếu niên, nhi đồng
- 5 Anh Em Siêu Nhân Gao Tập 25 : Nữ Chúa Thứ 3 Xuất Hiện